Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Seasons

"To Everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under the heaven: A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted, A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build up. A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, A time to get and a time to lose, a time a keep and a time to cast away, A time to rend and a time to sew, a time to keep silence and a time to speak, A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace..." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

April has arrived and spring is here. The flowers are blooming, the birds prepare their nests for their young, the temperature gets warmer as the days go by the stream flows softly, and the trees bud in preparation for leaves. It seems like yesterday that winter was here and now it is gone. Time flies so quickly, more now than it ever has.

Life's adventures are like "seasons" that come and go. As I get older, I realize more now, that first of all, time is of the essence, and second of all, that time is precious as well. I recently left the teen stage and am now in a completely new phase...season... of life. Just as before, I don't know what the upcoming years will bring, however, many examples have plowed the way for me and I am grateful for their many testimonies. I understand the importance of the "Titus 2 Woman" who is called to lead by example and testify to the younger generation of women. The influences of the different "Titus 2 Women" have made a great impact on me and I am grateful for it. I am grateful for their willingness to hold my hand and encourage me as I step into the "waters of the unknown." What blessings each of them have been. What an honor to be in their "wind" of influence.

Yet, as I begin to walk in this new season of life, I realize the importance of many heart felt things. As I said before, time has made a huge impact on me, especially as I look back at the past ten years of my life. I know I could have done more for the Lord and His Kingdom, yet didn't. The thought of regret does not at all come to mind. God blessed me with many life changing opportunities that gave me a chance to leave my fingerprint on, however, I know that I could have done more. Because I do not know or foresee what the next 10, 5 or even a few years will bring, the conscious, continual decision must be made to keep pressing toward the mark in life and spend every hour and minute wisely.

I am not at all fearful of what this next season will bring, in fact, excitement fills my heart as I watch the Lord pull back the blinds of life and unfold the different blessings and opportunities that lay ahead. As I begin the different discoveries, the one thing that I am most grateful for is the Lord walking continually by my side. He will never leave me nor forsake me.

Yet, because I am human, change has been hard for me to encounter. Change in pace of life, change that lay ahead, and change in general...I feel as if I play the part of Joe in Little Women. Just as she desired things to stay the same, in a way, I too, desire for things to stay the same. I know that life never stays the same, and if it did, we would all be worthless.

With this new season comes new responsibility. I have known for years that other young girls looked up to me, however now, the reality of the fact sets in. Knowing this, pushes me to my knees before Christ. With that, my prayer is that they would not see me, but that in whatever I do, they would see Christ and Him alone and desire to mirror His image and not mine.

What joy it is to know that "God has made everything beautiful in His time..." In whatever I walk through in life, He considers it beautiful because He made it in His time. He owns time, He created it! Therefore, because everything is beautiful in His time, things may not go as planned. If my desires are His desires then those desires will be fulfilled; I must wait on Him and be of good courage. Sometimes the desire flows forth for time to "speed up" in life, I am grateful that it doesn't. If it did, I would constantly be catching up! :)

This past weekend, snow reared it's face again. Just when I thought that winter was done, it snowed. Then I got to thinking about it. Even though the winter season has past and spring is here, that snowfall was like a memory of the winter season. So too in life, when a season of life comes and goes, you have memories that trickle their way into life's continual busyness. When those times come, aren't you grateful for them? I am. :)

It is the memories that I hold dearly! As I step forward into this new, unknown season of life, the sweet God given memories will be that continual refreshment of what God has done in me over time. What a blessing!

"To Everything there is a season..." In whatever your season may be, may you find many awaiting blessings that hide around the corner!


2 comments:

Catherine Nicolls said...

How do you do it? Beautiful Post! Love Ya!

Unknown said...

It was so good to see you today! Your a gem! I love you!

Sarah