Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Deliver me Jesus....

This is a prayer that has really challenged me in the past couple of months. Therefore, I wanted to post it for those that would desire to have it as well. It was given to me from my Advanced EXCEL Instructor and I desire to share it with you because of it's impact.

Deliver me, Jesus...
...From the desire to be praised, honored, glorified,
preferred, consulted, or approved. Deliver me, Jesus, from the fear of being humiliated, criticized, forgotten, ridiculed, maltreated, and from the fear of what others think. Oh, Jesus, give me the grace to desire: that others would be loved and esteemed ahead of me; that in the eyes of the world they would increase and I decrease; and praised while I pass by unnoticed; that others would be preferred in all situations; that others would become more than myself- in order that I would be as holy as You want me to be."
- Charles de Foucauld

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That is good; thanks for sharing it.

How is school coming? Keep pressing on; you'll make it! :)

Elisabeth K. said...

Thanks Rachel! School is going well! :) Almost done! Yeah!

Thanks again for the encouragemtent! :D