Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Three Great ALERT Guys ever! :)

Hey all,

I am sure that many of you know that my brothers were shipped out to start ALERT on Monday and have seen the blog post on Andrews blog (www.somelilguy.blogspot.com) -if you haven't you should really go and check it out :) - Please continue to pray for them! :) I have chatted with one of the girls that I got to know through EXCEL that works down at the Big Sandy Campus where my brothers will be staying. It was Monday night when I talked with her and she was able to catch me up somewhat on how the guys are doing. For those of you that may want to know, here is their platoon number and squad they each are on:

Nate: Squad-Delta; 2nd Platoon
Josh: Squad-Alfah; 1st Platoon
Andrew: Squad-Echo; 2nd Platoon

There are 32 guys in Basic from what I understand and there are 5 squads all together.

I don't have any specific prayer requests at this point in time however, I am still going to list some that are on my heart as their sister:

1. Strength, endurance, and protection- that the Lord would keep them strong, especially as their muscles begin to get tired from all the strain of hard tasks.

2. Scripture memory- Many of you may know that they are needing to memorize the whole book of 1st Peter and will start being accountable for that soon-the amount per week ranges from 16-18 verses, so prayer in this area is crucial! :)

3. Flexibility and Openness- to that of what the Lord has to teach them through their drill instructors, those around them, the tasks at hand, and everyday struggles that they encounter

4. A desire to be made willing to be willing in all areas that Lord is stretching them in whether this is character qualities, physical endurance, dying to their flesh, and other areas that are hard to name

5. That when strength is hardly enough, that they would remember that Christ, living within them is strength enough and that He would thoroughly encourage them, especially as He is the only One they can run to. :) That they would keep their eyes focused on Him recognizing that His grace is truly sufficient.

I am sure that more prayer requests will come however, these are ones that are on my heart. I am also sure that the Lord has placed other specific prayer requests on your heart and possibly your family's heart, and I ask that you continue to pray for those as well! :) Knowing the people are praying will get the guys through so much and I thank you in advance for your prayers and desire of encouragement!

Lord bless you all in huge and mighty ways as He, through His precious timing, is bring much into your path to strengthen you and mold you into the likeness of Him! :) Thank you!

F.Y.I. I am still planning on starting a blog specifically for the guys however, I will let you know both on Andrews blog and here what that address would be....until then, please continue to check back either here or Andrew's blog for updates! :)

No comments: