Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Stop :)

This quote came across my path the other day and had a huge and profound effect on me. I have been pondering on it's significance as the days go by and as I prepare for what is ahead. I hope that it has a challenging effect on you as it did me! :) It truly is easy to get caught up in our lives to the point that we forget what is really important...or we become so swamped in what others have put upon us (expectations, desires, and other) that eventually all else becomes our focus and the thought of stopping and listening to that still small voice becomes that thought that is distant in our minds. ;)

I know that it is Christmas time and the end of this year is ending, yet as I challenge myself, I am also challenging those that read this to take time and "stop and listen to what God has commanded"... search out His will for year 2008 and focus on it! I pray that we would not let the desires or expectations of man bind us but drive us to our knees knowing that each day, we must take direction from the greatest Commander who has the greatest and best plan for our lives before us!

"If the Christian is too busy to stop, take spiritual inventory,
and receive his assignments from God, he becomes a slave
to the tyranny of the urgent. He may work
day and night to achieve much that seems
significant to himself and others, but he will not
finish the work God has for him to do."
-Charles E. Hummel
(Tyranny of the Urgent)
May the Lord richly bless you all!

No comments: