Thursday, December 27, 2007

"Be Much with Me"

This is another quote from the book that I am passionately enjoying! :) I thought I would share a piece of a section that I read yesterday that challenged and confirmed what God is doing in my life...ponder it! Love to you all!

"Be more with Me, and let My Spirit pervade your spirit, and then you shall be more influenced by Me than by the world around you. But be prepared for the fact that you will then be of a different mind and attitude than those around you, and be willing to accept the difference and be able to ignore misunderstanding.
For many will not accept a message of warning, because they have set their own personal ambition against the will of God, and they are so intent upon their own pursuits that they refuse to tolerate the thought of possible interference of any kind.
But you, beloved, be much with Me, for there is a great and heavy burden on My heart. For God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked. My long-suffering and grace have continued because I deeply desire that all should come to repentance."

This is something that I have been pondering among many other things in life right now and am desperately trying to learn the lesson within it. :) This my friends is not the lesson in and of itself...for it is just an added aspect to the picture. I find that as I read it, it gives comfort and added insight to what the Lord is already teaching me through His Word. I wish that time would permit me to go into further detail however I would take up so much blog space and fear that I would bore you with the details and have decided to leave details out. However, they may show up as the Lord continues to work in days to come! :) For many, know that I too am learning the lessons that God has called me to learn and desire for you all to know that life is not perfect....even for Elisabeth :)

Lord's richest blessings upon you!

1 comment:

Feeny Family said...

Hello, Elizabeth!
Wow. that is a really good quote!:-)