Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Key Worthy of Unlocking Your Heart


This past Sunday during church one of the fathers, while teaching used a neat analogy, perfect for children, connecting the simple procedure of a key specifically designed to unlock its associated lock with that of salvation. He made mention that not every key is designed for this pleasure but only one specific to this particular lock. He shared how a key, once made, has exact detailed curves and grooves used to lift the lock's components creating a straight line in order to unlock the bolt. Basically, for example, you stick your key into the lock of your door and twist and if it's the correct key, your door now is unlocked, right? Taking this thought, in connection to Salvation, he portrayed the lock as our hearts and the key as an example of Christ. Only in this he mentioned that Jesus doesn't have specific grooves or curves in order to unlock our individual hearts, nor does He need them. For His key is straight, piercing every part of the lock, making straight His path to give us freedom of salvation through Him. His key is the Cross.

As we left church, I was challenged by further thoughts regarding this subject...only ones that went a completely different direction.

We all may be familiar with the thought or need of "keeping and guarding your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life" Proverbs 4:23 AMP which is greatly important in all aspects of life no matter our age or situation. We may also be familiar with the analogy of a special someone, hopefully at this time it would be our fathers, who, hold the "key to our hearts" until one day another special someone, significantly handpicked and designed by the Lord, will take this honor upon himself and will receive the blessing and privilege of unlocking it's treasure bearing it unto himself as his prized possession. Just as 1 key is created for 1 lock, so too has God created 1 man to unlock the heart of 1 woman.

As young ladies, we have been given the challenge of protecting our "locks." By this I mean, not allowing it to be trifled with by our thoughts, actions, attitudes, or words, neither by what is read or watched, nor by what is desired or wanted. I must say though by experience that nothing, absolutely nothing can be done in our strength. Believe me, I have tried it and have failed over and over and over again. It is because of this that I am grateful for God's ever constant grace and His mercies that are new every morning. For it is truly as Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me." Galatians 2:20 AMP

My dear friends, in order for this key to fit perfectly, and may this be our desire, we need not to allow our hearts to be trifled with by other foreign "tries" nor shall we encourage it. For God has truly designed 1 specific key created to unlock each and every one of our hearts only to be done in His perfect timing. For then it shall be precious and perfect, more wonderful than we have ever dreamed.

Until then, may God give us the strength to fight the good fight, leaning on His everlasting and powerful strength in order that He might, through us, keep our hearts with all diligence through His greatest protection. It is my prayer that our Daddy's have the strength and courage to protect such a treasure that as of now resides in their possession and that we, as their daughters will learn to trust them, as our God given protection and authority.

Again this is something that I have been pondering and am still working through according to what is found in Scripture. However, I still desired to post it at least as a start if I might for "my girls" that I admire so much and love deeply. Something to ponder and possibly take as an encouragement...and honestly, I knew that if I waited much longer to post...with life as it is...well...posting would never happen. :D

Until next time,

Elisabeth :D

2 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks I really needed this tonight... something I've been thinking a lot about recently... Love you!

Leigha said...

Thanks Elisabeth for taking the time to write this down...it was an encouragement in time of need :-)